Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wearable art


More fanTAStic architecture that happens to be sculpture that also happens to be a pair of shoes. (from United Nude)



I am interested in the form of a functional item and wonder why so many items seem to be designed by people who have no interest in form.













But I suppose it all has to do with who is designing the object. The person who designed my weed whacker doesn't appear to have had much use for form but it does function fairly well. I would be happier, though, if it were more ergonomically designed to fit my body and to move with it. It would be much more fun to sashay all over the lawn than to look like I am searching for coins.


These shoes are designed by Rem D. Koolhaas (yes, a nephew of THE architect and an architect himself) and the ecologically minded Galahad Clark (of THE Clark shoe company) Please to enjoy them all.



Please note that the shoe on the left is called the "Eamz" as the heel is the same as an Eames chair leg.






































And this one I love because it reminds me of Bizarro World from the Superman comics.




Hee!

An update on the "Mobius" shoe. The staff at the Bond Street store said that the leather upper is much softer so the shoe should no longer tear the bloody hell out of your feet.

2 comments:

  1. So nice to have a friend who can try to keep me current of some of the fashion/design world.
    I think I have been living in a bubble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living in NYC makes keeping up a little easier. There is just so much right in front of your face. Hee!

    ReplyDelete