Friday, July 9, 2010

My aim is true



Last weekend I got to check out the OXO cherry-pitter. AM brought hers so we could do a little product testing. I mentioned in a previous post that I thought it was a good-looking tool but perhaps a little over-done (overdesigned?). Did we really need the little glass encasement that aimed the pit more directly into the bowl? I thought the addition was put there simply to set it apart from other pitter choices. People should just learn to aim better.

We gave that one to my 13-year-old niece, GW. AM used the other (the one without the glass encasement) in the cherry-pitting race. They both worked as well as one another, both quick and efficient but it soon became obvious that the OXO was the far superior tool. Not only did it direct the pits squarely into the bowl, it did the same with the flying cherry juice. My poor ugly grey pitter sprayed deep red cherry juice all over my beloved white kitchen. Looks like I will be headed to Broadway Panhandler soon. Hee!




Praise the miracle sponge. It is truly magic.


Go ahead, have another cherry...


No comments:

Post a Comment