Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Scary things


Many things scare me: like color, clutter, and wallpaper. Color because I have to figure out what to wear instead of black, clutter because I prefer chaos to stay in my head, and wallpaper because, well, it is just just scary.

But I was looking through an interior design magazine (Met Home I think) and found something that took by breath away. It was wallpaper.






I must have this wallpaper. Originally I thought to put it on one wall in a guest bedroom at the humble cottage but because of its expense, JT thought it would be better in our bedroom so that we could see it more often. And because we plan to blow out the ceiling of the bedroom, we will be giving the attic space to that room’s ceiling height. These birds could flutter up to 14 feet. Fantastico.

Trove Wallpaper is designed by Randall Buck and Jee Levin. To get to see the products you need to make an appointment. I was given the grand tour of the showroom by Randall Buck (the nicest man). I was so overwhelmed by the beauty and power of their designs that I almost started to cry. I know I started to shake. Beautiful things do that to me. There were so many choices that I wanted wallpaper on at least one wall in each of the private rooms.



To further complicate the decision-making process, each design comes in many different colorways. I was absolutely set on the pure black and white bird pattern but started to gravitate toward the black tinged with a faint pale pink.
































I was also drawn to this pattern because of how real the insects seem. Randall suggested going with one full wall of pure black in a bathroom. I LOVE that idea.



Unfortunately the renovation at the cottage is on hold for awhile. And by the way, I am not really afraid of very many things. DD, on the other hand, is very happy that we are choosing to put the birds in our bedroom and not the guest bedroom.


1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love this, Ann. Love.
    angel

    ReplyDelete