Thursday, May 6, 2010

Female Design

(I apologize for the f-bombs but this puts me over the edge.)

As I read this I could barely breathe. A “nick”? “down there”? Really? Really?

Really?


Are you fucking out of your minds? ARE YOU FUCKING OUT OF YOUR MINDS?

I know this is coming from a “good place”, that it is meant to prevent future female genital mutilation. But you are not stemming the tide.


For FUCK’S SAKE. You are cutting little girls.

Please do not confuse this with circumcision which is supposedly done for health reasons or whatever. When they cut little girls, it is only because they are afraid the girls will experience sexual pleasure later on in life. There is NO practical purpose.

I can’t breathe.

2 comments:

  1. the cultural reasons given for female circumcision are the same for male circumcision = "It is prettier, healthier, to find a mate..." Both should not take place. Both are against basic human rights. You have to fight both. Both are abuse of the body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto.
    I also believe it is the same for males. Barbaric!
    I chose not to subject my son to this...almost . Doctor called it a mini. My husband said it must be done...
    If I had it to do over...Keep the knife AWAY!!!

    ReplyDelete