Monday, May 17, 2010

The Birds and the Bees




I have a superhero in my backyard. I also have a spy and a thief.

My superhero wears a black cape with white epaulets at the shoulder and a black mask. His unitard is a bright orange and the boots are yellow. He sometimes hovers upside-down. He is very brave.

My spy nervously hovers and glances furtively. He stays close to my left shoulder. They say he is waiting for a female. Not sure what she looks like but I am sure he will when he sees her.



























My thief is the best of them all. He has a rakish black mask that is shaped like the boy wonder, brown hair that spills out behind where the mask is tied. His cape is grey and his unitard is a white that spills into a light yellow. He usually hangs out with a gang (Mr. White,Mr. Orange and Mr. Brown) but today he is just hanging with the Mrs. Nice man.



We also have a fierce hunter and some ugly hangers-on.



























We do have the requisite robins, sparrows, swallows, seagulls, cardinals and other birds I can’t yet identify (perhaps another bloody Mary will help and yes I am writing this on Sunday for a Monday post)

It is a pretty action packed backyard. Or maybe the bloodies are just working their magic. Fantastico!



2 comments:

  1. I love this post!

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love this post!!
    I love your life and your creativity!
    I love helping identifying your specimen unique plantings in your yard!
    I love knowing what they are...ha!
    I love being your 'go to' identifier!

    ReplyDelete